Valentine’s Day is a great reminder for us to show our appreciation and love to those around us. It’s also a great time to teach one to love oneself as well. I wanted to teach my girls self-love, appreciation and positivity. I was inspired to create these after seeing Spot of Sunshine and CHALK academy Valentine’s Day hearts. I could not find any in Cantonese so I decided to create my own. These heart messages are bilingual with Cantonese (jyutping option available) and English phrases, our family language. By having them written down I hope that it will normalize and make saying these phrases more natural in Cantonese. These positive affirmations and loving messages can be used and displayed all year round.
How to use these heart messages:
- download and print on regular or colour paper or card stock
- cut out each heart, 24 in total
- give to child directly
- use as wall decorations
- create a garland to display messages
Vocabulary for Valentine’s Day (Cantonese | Jyutping | English)
- 情人節 (cing4 jan4 zit3 | Valentine’s Day)
- 情人節快樂 (cing4 jan4 zit3 faai3 lok6 | Happy Valentine’s Day)
- 愛 (oi3 | love)
- 我愛你 (ngo5 oi3 nei5 | I love you)
- 鍾意 (zung1 ji3 | like)
- 我鍾意你 (ngo5 zung1 ji3 nei5 | I like you)
Download the Cantonese & English Heart Messages here. Available with and without jyutping.
Also check out these Mandarin Heart Messages by these other amazing mom creators: