This week the kids and I are learning about the digestive system. I want the kids to learn more about their body and how it works. I thought the digestive system would be a great start. I originally only planned to teach the English terminology but since we are still home, I decided to throw in the Cantonese vocabulary as well.
I originally had a paper activity planned. However, I changed plans and decided to do a cardboard activity instead. You will still find a printable diagram with jyutping vocabulary in the printables section since I already made it before changing plans. This activity is more like a path than a maze.
How I made the Cardboard Digestive System Maze
- Draw the digestive system on a large piece of cardboard. I outlined and labeled everything using markers.
- Cut 0.75 in strips of cereal boxes for the path walls.
- Glue the strips down using hot glue gun.
- Glue a strip of cardboard over the small intestine so the large intestine path can continue over it.
- Optional: I used another piece of cardboard to draw the head and mouth so the kids can drop the “food” into it. I also added a little poop slider they can pull out when the “food” reaches the end.
Supplement Material in Cantonese